Many men are looking for ways to enlarge their penis which they consider too small, rightly or wrongly. On the internet it is possible to find many solutions but not all of them are equally effective or approved by science. Here, we wanted to know if the penis extender was a viable treatment to enlarge your penis, the risks, other effects as well as how it works.
1 What is the penis extender?
2 How does a penis extender work?
3 How to use a penis extender?
4 Precautions to be taken before use
5 How to choose the right penis extender?
6 Penis extenders for Peyronie's disease?
7 How long to get the first results?
8 Side effects and contraindications of the penis extender
9 Possible alternatives to the penis extender
10 Which penis extender can we recommend?
11 To conclude on penis extenders
The penis extender what is it?
A penis extender, otherwise known as a penis extender, is a mechanical device, which attaches to the penis via a strap. In this way, the device will perform a traction on the penis theoretically allowing to enlarge the size of the penis (source).
Thus, this device must be used daily for several hours and for several months to hope to obtain satisfactory results.
In general, the extender is made of plastic and weighs only a few grams, which should allow it to be used without discomfort. Manufacturers recommend using a penis extender for 3-4 hours a day and some devices have been rated for up to 8 hours a day.
In addition, it is important not to abuse this device under penalty of being subject to penile lesions.
Finally, there are many different models like penis extenders specially designed to be used at night or during the day. Other devices have additional options such as a support belt or a support pump to make using the object more pleasant and easier.
How does a penis extender work?
To understand how the penis extender works, you still need to know how an erection works. Briefly, there are two phases during erection which are (source):
1. Tumescence: following an excitation, the muscle fibers of the cavernous bodies of the penis relax, thus allowing a strong influx of blood into them. 2. Rigidity: following the strong blood flow, the blood pressure increases within the penis thus causing a rigidity of the sex.
Thus, the blood is the main protagonist allowing to acquire an erection but also to gain additional centimeters in length and width.
The objective of the penis extender is to soften the blood vessels of the penis in order to allow them to accommodate a greater quantity of blood which will cause an increase in the size and width of the penis ( source).
To do this, the penis extender will exert pressure on the penis thanks to a mass of around 0.8 to 2.5 kg depending on the device. After several weeks, the device will be able to modify the physiognomy of the penis according to two distinct phases:
1. Stretching of the ligaments of the penis: the penis extender will cause micro lesions in the tissues of the penis. 2. Healing of the micro tears of the penis: new cells will be produced in order to ensure the healing of the micro lesions. This cellular supply will help expand the corpora cavernosa which can then contain a higher concentration of blood cells during the next erection.
How to use a penis extender?
Using a penis extender is relatively easy. So, you will need (source):
– Obtain a semi-erection in order to install the first ring of the device. – Once the base is installed, attach the second ring to the end of the penis. – Adjust the tension using the dedicated rods.
Precautions to be taken before use
The penis extender can cause complications if used incorrectly. Therefore, it is strongly advised to:
– Strictly follow the instructions for use of the purchased device. – Wear the device between 4 to 8 hours a day. – The most recommended is to wear the penis extender twice a day for 2 hours during each session. – Start with a relatively low tension not exceeding 0.8 kg the first week. – Increase the blood pressure on a weekly or bi-weekly basis by adding between 100 and 200 g maximum each week. – Maintain the device regularly by rinsing it with hot water after each use. It is also suggested to wash the penis extender with soap 1-2 times a week.
How to choose the right penis extender?
To choose your penis extender, certain criteria must be taken into account, such as:
– The budget: of course, it is important to choose a penis extender according to your financial capacities. – The materials used: you will have to wear the device for long hours and for many weeks. Thus, it is better to choose a penis extender that is comfortable and light enough. – The tension available: as the weeks go by, you will increase the tension of the device to extend the penis. It may then be interesting to choose a device with a wider range of voltages. – The options: certain options can allow you to support the device more easily, such as a support belt or a support pump.
A natural increase in penis length up to 4.9 cm
Penis extenders for Peyronie's disease?
The penis extender is primarily intended for men with a small penis or a micro penis and thus wishing to increase the size of their member. However, this device can also be used by individuals subject to certain pathologies such as Lapeyronie's disease, also called twisted penis disease (source).
The penis extender would straighten the penis. La Peyronie's disease affects 3 to 9% of men aged between 45 and 65 years with a peak observed around 50 years. (source) A study conducted in 2013 also indicates that penis extender devices would facilitate the increase in penis size and at the same time reduce deformities in people with Lapeyronie's disease. (source)
How long to get the first results?
The scientific community remains skeptical about the impact of the penis extender. Indeed, theoretically, this device seems to have real effects on increasing the size of the penis. The constraints related to its use can therefore greatly reduce its effect in practice.
Indeed, it is necessary to keep the device between 4 and 8 hours a day for about 3 months in order to obtain the first results on the increase in penile dimensions. But, it can be estimated that the penis extender could increase penis size between 1.7 to 2.3 cm after daily use for at least 4 hours for 6 months (source).
Moreover, improper use of the extender could severely damage the tissues of the penis and cause significant side effects. Finally, scientific studies are still quite thin on the role of the extender on penis size.
Nevertheless, while specialists are still discussing the real impact of the penis extender on the size of the penis, many studies have highlighted its role in combating certain dysmorphisms such as the twisted penis in Lapeyronie's disease (source, source).
Penis extender side effects and contraindications
Improper use of the penis extender could cause complications, such as:
Severe pain Damage to skin and blood vessels Penile fracture.
In addition, it is strongly recommended to consult a urologist before using this type of product. Indeed, your specialist to ensure that you have no contraindications such as a chronic illness that could interfere with the treatment opposite.
Finally, it is important to note that the penis extender is a restrictive device, not very discreet or pleasant and which can be painful to wear (source). Thus, it is important to know all these details before opting for this type of treatment.
Possible alternatives to the penis extender
If the penis extender does not seem to you to be the most suitable solution for you, know that there are alternatives to help you fight against your too small penis complex.
The surgical operation (penoplasty)
Penile surgery called penoplasty is today the only practice whose effects on penis size are the subject of scientific consensus (source). Nevertheless, this method has many drawbacks or possible side effects: deformation of the penis that can make it unsightly, erectile disorders in the event of bad practices or even an increase in the size of the penis only in the erectile state.
In addition, the effects of surgery may prove to be absorbable. Thus, this method can be very risky and many doctors advise against this practice to their patients. Moreover, it is necessary to undergo general anesthesia and the price of such an operation is not to be neglected either.
Another alternative to the penis extender is therapy with a psychologist or sex therapist. Indeed, it is important to remember that the vast majority of individuals complexing on the size of their penis have by achieving an average size penis.
The objective of a therapy will then be to learn to accept oneself and to put the size of one's sex into perspective.
Which penis extender can we recommend?
We can recommend the Phallosan penis extender to you. Indeed, as indicated in our opinion on Phallosan, this brand has developed reliable devices. Wearing this extender is very discreet and it is made with quality, hypoallergenic and biocompatible materials.
To conclude on penis extenders
To conclude, the penis extender is a medical treatment that requires the prior agreement of a health professional. This device can be useful for increasing the size of the penis but has many constraints that can limit its use.
There are of course alternatives to the penis extender. Thus, you now have all the keys in hand to choose or not to opt for the penis extender and to determine the treatment that suits you best.