Erectile dysfunction or impotence is a common problem among men. It refers to the inability to achieve, maintain or have a strong erection, which often hinders sexual intercourse. The causes of erectile dysfunction are varied, but it is often possible to treat it without resorting to medical treatments.
This article will discuss the use of essential oils as a natural solution to erection problem. And will introduce you to what are the essential oils to have a hard erection.
1 Which essential oil for a hard-on?
2 Why use essential oils for a better erection?
3 When to use essential oils to get a hard on?
Which essential oil to get a hard-on?
Today, we're bringing you eight essential oils that can help you manage the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
Ylang Ylang essential oil
Ylang Ylang essential oil works on many levels to help treat erectile dysfunction issues. Its euphoric properties would provide a feeling of well-being and increase self-esteem and self-confidence (source). Ylang Ylang is also said to be used to treat frigidity, depression and anxiety (source).
– In massage oil, add 2 drops of Ylang Ylang oil and mix everything. Apply the preparation in a long massage on your vertical column. – You can also use this essential oil in a diffuser.
Rose essential oil
Rose essential oil has been proven (through both animal and human studies) to relieve depression and aid in relaxation. It would also be a natural aphrodisiac that would bring a feeling of well-being and self-confidence that can promote intimacy between a helpless man and his partner. Rose oil would also increase libido, as well as the production of sperm and testosterone (source).
A 2012 study found that rats that inhaled rose oil were protected from the harmful effects of inhaling formaldehyde. This substance can cause problems with sperm quality and serum testosterone levels.
How to use it?
– You can inhale the Rose oil directly from the bottle – Dilute the Rose oil in massage oil and apply it along the vertical column
Lavender to treat male impotence
Lavender is often the first essential oil people turn to for various health issues. A 2014 study found that the combined scent of lavender and pumpkin pie had significant effects on penile blood flow in male subjects. The study was conducted on 31 participants. Larger studies are therefore needed (source).
Lavender oil has been shown to reduce the harmful effects of formaldehyde in male rats. Rats inhaled lavender oil decreased damage to their sperm and reproductive system. Lavender is also well known for its de-stressing and relaxing effects (source).
Rosemary essential oil
According to a 2015 study, rosemary and lavender essential oils reduced damage to reproductive functions due to oxidative stress in diabetic male rats. These oils are also said to have had a positive effect on their testosterone levels and the quality of their sperm. Scientists believe that this is due to the antioxidant properties of these essential oils to have a hard erection.
– Rosemary essential oil can be diluted directly in another oil. Put a good layer on the inner side of your wrist and your plexus. Breathe deeply. – In an essential oil diffuser, add some essential oils. You can accompany it with grapefruit oils, lemon, etc.
Cinnamon essential oil has been shown to improve sexual function in several animal experiments.
The latter have indeed revealed that cinnamon extract increased the weight of testicles and seminal vesicles in animals. This could be because the oil boosts hormone levels. Cinnamon would also increase sperm count and testosterone levels. Sperm motility and viability would also be increased as a result of these studies.
Another study on rats showed that regular consumption of cinnamon bark oil would be effective in protecting the male reproductive system and improving sperm quality (source).
– In a massage oil or in a moisturizer, add 2/3 drops of cinnamon oil. Apply the preparation on the lower back – Place a few drops of cinnamon essential oil under your pillow to take advantage of these benefits.
Basil essential oil for erectile dysfunction
Basil has been used for a very long time as a natural medicine to treat various diseases. Studies on rats have shown that basil extract significantly increases sperm motility, viability and count. It can also reduce the harmful impact of oxidative stress.
A 2013 study showed that basil extract protects against testicular toxicity caused by toxic heavy metals. The testicular tissue of intoxicated rats showed significant changes after taking basil essential oil. Scientists believe this is due to the antioxidant and relaxing properties of basil.
– Dilute a few drops of Basil essential oil in massage oil. Apply the mixture along the spine or on the plexus- In a hot bath, pour a few drops of Basil essential oil. Relax
Ginger essential oil
Ginger extract has been shown to have a significant effect on hormonal activity in male rats. Ginger is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body against oxidative stress. Ginger may also increase sperm production.
– Using a massage oil or moisturizer, pour 2 or 3 drops of ginger essential oil. Massage the lower back, lower stomach and along the spine. – Accompany your hot bath with a few drops of essential oil. – In a diffuser, put a few drops and relax.
Nutmeg and clove oil
A 2003 study found that nutmeg and clove extracts increased sexual activity in male mice. The extracts of these two plants improved the sexual behavior of animals, as well as their performance.
Nutmeg and clove are nerve stimulants and have a positive effect on sexual behavior. Nutmeg has been shown to increase blood circulation, which may help treat erectile dysfunction
How to use it?
– In a massage oil, apply the mixture to your plexus, neck and spine. – In synergy with other oils, pour it into your hot bath – Using a diffuser, breathe in the essential oil of nutmeg.
Why use essential oils for a better erection?
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts containing the chemical compounds that make up the aroma of the plant from which they come. They are produced by distillation and can be harmful when used in their pure state. Before using them, essential oils must therefore be diluted in a carrier oil (such as a neutral vegetable oil) before use.
Each type of oil has different properties and can be used to achieve different effects. However, many essential oils act on nerve sensors. The signals will be sent to the brain which will transform them into dopamine. The body will feel a surge of blood and a good amount of blood will be sent to the penis, which will swell and harden. So you will have a harder erection.
Warning: French and European health authorities do not regulate the use of essential oils. They should therefore be used with great caution and only after consulting a doctor or healthcare professional.
When to use essential oils to get a hard on?
To have a better erection, it is advisable to use essential oils. Indeed, they can help you without using a drug solution.
– For essential oils to diffuse: Diffuse a few hours before having sex. Indeed, the odors released will increase your libido – Massages: As regards the essential oils to be used during a massage, perform the massage a few minutes before having sexual intercourse. This will awaken your partner's senses. – In the bath: If you want to use essential oils in your bath, take it a few minutes before having sex. You will be totally relaxed and your libido will be boosted.
Note: essential oils are not the only solution to remedy erectile dysfunction. Certain foods would also make it possible to obtain a strong erection: honey to bend or even yohimbine.